The Johnson Fire Department has announced that a BURN BAN is now in effect for our City until further notice. Due to extremly dry conditions.
Outdoor Burning LEGAL
(Subject to a Burn Ban)
- Non-commercial cooking of food (barbecues/grills)
- Ceremonial or recreational purposes (outdoor fire places)
- Warming fire for construction sites (contained fire for warming purposes fueled only by untreated wood)
- Land clearing (controlled fires for the purpose of land clearing)
- Yard Waste (Leaves, brush, grass, wood trimmings)
Outdoor Burning ILLEGAL
(Never Allowed to burn)
Household trash, construction and demolition waste (including shingles, lumber and/or wood) is considered a waste material and cannot be burned according to State Law.
Dead animals (with the exception of poultry incinerators)
Insulation off wire for salvage purposes
ANY other items that are not deemed as “LEGAL”
Please contact the Johnson Fire Department at 479-442-0112 if you have any questions.